- Assistant Dean for Civic Engagement
- tel: 610-499-4596
- gkmielke@ SPORT BETTING - แทงบอลออนไลน์ พนันบอลออนไลน์ แทง ufabet99 www.thetravelmagzine.com
- Assistant Service-Learning Coordinator
- tel: 610-499-4695
- rabock@ SPORT BETTING - แทงบอลออนไลน์ พนันบอลออนไลน์ แทง ufabet99 www.thetravelmagzine.com
Service with a Purpose
Are you a student looking for ways to serve? Find volunteer opportunities and organizations at serve. SPORT BETTING - แทงบอลออนไลน์ พนันบอลออนไลน์ แทง ufabet99 www.thetravelmagzine.com.
Think: Is our community better because you're in it?
The Office of Civic Engagement fosters co-curricular opportunities to educate, empower, and equip Widener students as they become personally and socially responsible leaders, and it continually builds collaborative campus and community partnerships to further the university’s civic mission. The Office of Civic Engagement encourages all students to move from a charity model orientation to one focused on social justice, training students to become the change agents of tomorrow.
Widener partners with both local agencies—like the Boys and Girls Club, Cityteam, and Stetser Elementary— and national service organizations such as Habitat for Humanity and the national service fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega, to achieve community projects around the world.
Widener students can engage in campus-wide enrichment opportunities such as the Volunteer Fair, Taste of Chester, Constitution Day, National Voter Registration Day, Social Justice Film Series, Making a Difference workshops, Martin Luther King Jr Day of Service, Earth Day, Sustainability Day, the Poverty Simulation and more.
The Office of Civic Engagement supports a full range of civic pathways from one-time participation to the long-term sustained engagement embodied by our scholarship programs. The Office supports the Presidential Services Corps Bonner Leaders Program, the Pride Service Site Leader Program, and the Maguire Scholars Program as signature initiatives to educate, empower, and equip civically engaged leaders.
Through co-curricular civic engagement and academic service-learning, students develop 21st century skills in critical thinking, collaboration, and socially-responsible leadership.
Service with a Purpose
- The fraternity and sorority life community completed more than 2500 hours of service in the 2010-2011 academic year.
- 75% of Widener students participate in community service or volunteer activities.
- Widener ranked 19th nationally on Newsweek's list of service-minded colleges.
- 73% of Widener seniors have worked collaboratively with their classmates outside of class, compared to 59 percent of seniors nationwide.
Through our civic engagement programs, undergraduate and graduate students engage with local communities in Chester, greater Philadelphia, and around the world.
Looking for ways to serve?
Find volunteer opportunities at serve. SPORT BETTING - แทงบอลออนไลน์ พนันบอลออนไลน์ แทง ufabet99 www.thetravelmagzine.com.