- Assistant Dean for Civic Engagement
- tel: 610-499-4596
- gkmielke@ SPORT BETTING - แทงบอลออนไลน์ พนันบอลออนไลน์ แทง ufabet99 www.thetravelmagzine.com
- Assistant Service-Learning Coordinator
- tel: 610-499-4695
- rabock@ SPORT BETTING - แทงบอลออนไลน์ พนันบอลออนไลน์ แทง ufabet99 www.thetravelmagzine.com
Lake Green '17
Psychology student Lake Green ’17 explains the rewarding aspects of cultural immersion through civic engagement opportunities at Widener. Watch video.
Serve. Learn. Lead.
Widener partners with local organizations and civic groups to develop innovative community outreach programs in greater Philadelphia. Through service we stretch our minds and hearts, whether we’re teaching kids in Chester, preparing taxes for low-income and disabled residents of Delaware County, or organizing an anti-bullying vigil for at-risk teens. We’re not afraid to go where the greatest need is. Widener students have built schoolhouses in Bolivia and installed solar panels in villages in Panama.
Widener’s community outreach programs will help you gain hands-on experience, hone your leadership skills, grow your professional network, and broaden your worldview.
Contributing to Sustainable Solutions We’re proud of the positive impact our students have made on the lives of individuals, families, and communities through initiatives like these:
- The Widener Child Development Center offers unique preschool, transitional kindergarten, and kindergarten programs, and serves as a learning laboratory for Widener’s education and social work students.
- The Widener Women’s Leadership Forum, held through the academic year, provides interactive workshops in leadership and accountability, work-life balance, and diversity, as well as professional networking opportunities for women at various stages of their careers.
- Students enrolled in a Magazine Journalism course planned, reported, wrote, edited, illustrated and designed Chester magazine, an online and print publication about the city. The university awarded the class a $1,000 Schmutz Student Engagement Mini Grant to produce the magazine. The grant is distributed annually to support undergraduate student-led projects that focus on Ches-ter and are developed in collaboration with a Chester community partner to address the city’s needs.